Introducing Box Babble

Hi, welcome to Box Babble…

I have been a long time TV presentation geek, fascinated as a child by the various idents, graphics and continuity pieces that made the mere four channels I had at home come to life.

When I first got onto the internet, I discovered TV Home and then its sister forum site TV Forum. I wasted invested many an hour across those sites - though more as a lurker than a poster, though posted more from around 2015.

I moved over to TVLifeForum when everybody else did and was very sad to see Rob announce its closure. He has done a fantastic job with that site, and it’s not fair that a small group of people should be able to ruin what he and the forum members created there.

Here, I would like to build a community around presentation and hope that all new members will try to make this work by actively helping me create a place that is welcoming, fun and where discussion is free of bad feeling and abuse.

To kick things off, I am hoping some community-minded people will put themselves forward as potential moderators.

I have found from past experience that being both ‘the guy in charge’ of a forum and trying to participate as a community member seems to make you a lightning rod for abuse in the era of Twitter and the like. That’s not really a sustainable option for a long term healthy site.

As a result, my intention is do administration tasks with this ‘admin’ account (keeping my interventions to an absolute minimum), and at some point in the future, sign up as with a standard community member account to dip in and out of the conversation.

Over the next couple of days I intend to come up with some community guidelines and improve the design of the site so we can hit the ground running. Please bear with me during this time.

:tv1:

I think it may be a good idea to add a “Mark all forums read” button like on TV Live Forum.

I will have to get back to you on that one. Looks like something that should be possible.

As a workaround for now, try using the ‘New’ tab and hitting ‘Dismiss New’.

1 Like