TV Breakdown Appreciation Thread

So in 2017 on TV Live Forum, I made a thread on something that I love which is TV breakdowns. Since then, alot of people used that thread to discuss, enjoy and even talk to people who experienced breakdowns when working in Television.

I thought to myself that Box Babble is open, I think it’s time to open the Breakdown Thread.

Amazingly enough, someone on YouTube have actually made on a famous breakdown that happened in 2000 at the BBC along with the ones in 2001 and 2003. Have a look at it if you want to see what happened during those power cuts.

A breakdown that I do like is the one from Channel 4 in 1999. This was actually because 4 was able to play the menu theme from that time and is actually one of my favourite tv themes of all time.

1 Like

Welcome!

I must admit, I am partial to a TV break-down - except when I am watching something I enjoy, of course!

Especially on some of the ‘lesser’ channels without the calm voice of a continuity announcer to guide you through the break. Always felt like somebody, somewhere was having a full-on panic.

Wait, WHAT?? Hey! I’m the bloke who did the Power cuts video! Its awesome to see people share it around! Honestly, cheers for watching.

ANYWAY…
I do have to say, breakdowns are lovely to watch. However, I always find myself watching some ITV ones! The yellow era is lovely. I enjoy my classic Bingo Night Live fault tho…

2 Likes

Does an airplane have wings?

(help how do you embed youtube videos)

Should just be able to paste in the link and it will be automagically converted.